About

img_4590-1I always find these “About” pages a challenge.  I guess I just don’t know what you want to know.  Instead of being fancy, let me give who a few facts about who I am.

My name is Sarah Ollenburger.  My maiden name was Sarah Walker.  It always seemed so boring to me.  Apparently God said, well then, let me introduce you to a young German man who can make that last name a tad bit more interesting.

That young German man and I have been married 15 years and though he is the best decision I have ever made, it has not always been roses and sunshine.  After 15 years, I have learned that it is not suppose to be and our greatest moments together have come from working through the messes.

I am 38 years old and already thinking about my 40th birthday party because I love birthdays and I love parties.

I have 3 children, two boys and a girl and after being a parent for 12 years and counting, it is apparent that I really know what I am doing about 10% of the time and for the other 90% I am just winging it.

I have lived in Orange County 32 of my 38 years and people are still asking me how I am going to handle “ranch life”, as if this OC girl can’t.  The good thing is that I am really stubborn so hearing this only makes me just want to prove them wrong even more.  Hand me a shovel….

I love fashion and the art behind people creating themselves through what they wear.  I love working out for how it makes you feel.  I love cooking for family and friends because I love sitting around the table with my favorite people. I love reading and (auto)biographies are my favorite. I love wine for no other reason but that it is good.

I created This Little Country Road as a space to share my passion for writing, openness and honesty in the world of Motherhood as we transition as a family to the Santa Ynez Valley.  I hope to share this change and all its challenges and successes, our faith and how it has gotten us here, along with places and people we meet along the way.

If you are curious about my past life as a blogger, you can visit my old blog, Juggling in Heels, by clicking here.

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s